As our valued guest ("You"), we value your commitment to Telford Whitehouse Hotel.
WHO COLLECTS MY DATA?
Data pertaining to your experience in our hotel is gathered by Shropshire College Hotel School Ltd t/a Telford Whitehouse Hotel.
Data is collected during the booking process by an independent third party booking engine provider (Sabre Hospitality Solutions).
WHEN IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
PI may be collected in certain circumstances as follows:
- Booking of a hotel room - through on and offline channels including brand and independent (Sabre Hospitality Solutions) booking engines
- Enquiries made at a hotel for provision of services (meeting rooms, wedding venue enquiries)
- Check in and check out
- Consumption during a stay in a hotel as tracked through room charges
- Claims, requests and/or disputes
- Participation in marketing programs
- Registering with loyalty programs
- Contribution to guests surveys and/or comments (e.g. "Guest Satisfaction Survey", "Contact us"; "Guests comments”)
- Subscription to newsletters, to receive e-mail offers or promotions
- Provision of information by third party service providers
- Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems
- Filling in of an online collection form (e.g. online bookings, questionnaire, forms)
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION VIA COOKIES
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Find out more about cookies on www.allaboutcookies.org.
Personal Information regarding a user’s journey through our website is collected when visiting our hotel.
The placement of cookies throughout our website also allows us to enhance the effectiveness of social media advertising through the data and insight collected in relation to the user journey.
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the menu on your browser, or look at the instruction on www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that turning off cookies will restrict your use of our website.
WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF DATA COLLECTION BY TELFORD WHITEHOUSE HOTEL?
We use PI for the following purposes:
- To deal with Your enquiries and requests
- To book and reserve hotel rooms and requested accommodation or venue hire provision
- To establish and maintain business records and comply with accounting requirements and local regulations
- For back office processing; including managing a list of undesirable guests, further to a non-payment, or to improper behaviour
- To manage guests' complaints
- To track consumption (telephone, bar, Internet, pay TV)
- To let You benefit from our loyalty program
- To implement security and fraud prevention means
- Administering membership records
HOW TELFORD WHITEHOUSE HOTEL USE PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
- To better understand your needs and requests and to tailor our products and services to better
- To send You newsletters, promotions and marketing material or contact you about tourism, hospitality or services or hotel promotions
- To conduct surveys and analyse guests' questionnaires and comments and activity patterns
- To secure and improve use of Internet websites including website navigation
Should you wish to discuss any query regarding use of Your data for marketing purposes, contact the Hotel’s Marketing Department on 01952 250 700.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY TELFORD WHITEHOUSE HOTEL?
As a customer at Telford Whitehouse Hotel, You may be asked, at various times, to provide PI about You and your family members, such as:
- Contact information, e.g. name, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, postal addresses
- Other personal details: date of birth; nationality
- Child Information: name and birth date
- Credit card details (only in secure transactional related system)
- Membership card numbers of any loyalty program
- Your dates of arrival and departure
- Your preferences and interests, e.g. preferred location of room (low floor, high floor), type of bed, preferred newspaper, sports and cultural interests
- Any questions/comments You may have during or after your stay in one of our hotels
COLLECTION OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
In order to satisfy certain requests or to provide You with specific services during your stay, Telford Whitehouse Hotel may collect data which may be considered sensitive including leisure habits, personal activities and hobbies, cultural habits, smoker/ non-smoker status.
Telford Whitehouse Hotel may collect data to facilitate certain dietary requirements or provide accessible access facilities during your stay.
We do not knowingly collect PI from children under the age of 18, except name, date of birth and nationality as provided directly by an adult on their behalf or with an adult's permission. If You believe your child has submitted PI directly to us, please contact us so that we can delete such PI.
We do not knowingly collect sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or sex life details.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not share your data with third parties unless we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your consent, and to the following.
These authorized individuals include (but is not limited to):
- Telford Whitehouse Hotel employees
- Hotel reservation staff using Telford Whitehouse Hotel reservation tools
- Information technology staff and marketing department staff
- Medical services
- Legal Department staff
- Any relevant individuals of any Telford Whitehouse Hotel legal entities for specific categories of data
DATA SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share your PI with external third parties for providing You with the requested services and improving your stay with us. Third party service providers may include (but is not limited to): booking engine providers (Sabre Hospitality Solutions), IT subcontractors, commercial partners, local authorities and any authority which we are required by law to do so.
Telford Whitehouse Hotel takes appropriate technical and organisational measures, in accordance with local law requirements, to protect your PI against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access. To this end, we have implemented technical measures such as firewalls and organisational measures such as a login/efficient password and physical protection.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
We may transfer your PI to recipients, internal or external, which may be located in countries with different levels of PI protection.
RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND MODIFY YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, modify or delete Your PI at any time. A request for removal form can be found here.
However, please note that if You object to the collection of PI, we may, in certain circumstances be unable to provide You with services requested during your stay at Telford Whitehouse Hotel.
If You wish to exercise your rights on your PI held by us, then You must contact the hotel directly.
To discuss access to PI held about You for marketing purposes or if You encounter any problem when exercising your rights, You can contact the General Manager of the Telford Whitehouse Hotel, contactable on +44 (0) 1952 250 700.
Telford Whitehouse Hotel do not charge individuals for any requests made regarding collection of PI.
In the interests of protecting the privacy of all the Telford Whitehouse Hotels’ guests, we will need to identify You properly prior to responding to your request. To this end, we may request a copy of a valid identification paper such as a current driver's license, identity card or passport.
If your PI is not accurate, complete or up to date, please provide Telford Whitehouse Hotel with your request for correction at the contact details outlined above. Any requests for correction will be dealt with as soon as practicable or in compliance with applicable law.
QUESTIONS / CONTACT
The full name of our company is Shropshire College Hotel School Ltd, King Street, Wellington, Telford TF1 1NY. You can contact us by telephone on 01952 250 700 asking for the marketing department. Our VAT number is 170 7769 80.